New members are accepted into each of our youth choirs through a placement interview. This is a low stress meeting with one of our directors. No preparation is necessary, but you may bring a song to share if you wish. Through rhythm games, guided singing, and other exercises, we learn about your child’s voice and determine which choir level is the best fit for learning and growth, with just the right amount of challenge. You will be able to ask any questions and learn about our choir season, rehearsal and concert schedule, volunteer opportunities, and more, and receive all the information you need to join.
For schedule and fees click HERE
- ABC – students at least five years of age (and in kindergarten) may join at several times during the season.
- Piccolini, Grazioso, Spirare – new students are welcomed at the start of each semester (September/January).
- Le Donne – New members may join at the start of each trimester (September, January, late March). No advance meeting or audition is required. You may request to sit in on a rehearsal prior to joining.
- Singing is an art form that can be done anywhere, requires no expensive instruments and can be done by almost everyone.
- Studies have documented health benefits resulting from singing, including increased antibodies, lowered stress hormones, and improved lung function.
- Test scores indicate that music students perform better on math, science and language arts assessments.
- Research indicates physical changes to the brain from music study, particularly to the left side of the brain and areas devoted to language and reasoning.
- Performing music builds self-confidence and a sense of teamwork.
- Concepts learned through singing include self-discipline and the value of sustained effort leading to excellence.