New members are accepted into all of our choirs at several times during the season. The process differs for each group.
For schedule and fees click here.
- ABC – students at least five years of age (and in kindergarten) may join in several times during the season, and no placement interview is necessary. Contact the SAYC office for registration information.
- Piccolini, Grazioso, Spirare – click here for placement interview request
- Le Donne – New members may join at the start of each trimester (September, January, late March). You may request to sit in on a rehearsal prior to joining.
- Singing is an art form that can be done anywhere, requires no expensive instruments and can be done by almost everyone.
- Studies have documented health benefits resulting from singing, including increased antibodies, lowered stress hormones, and improved lung function.
- Test scores indicate that music students perform better on math, science and language arts assessments.
- Research indicates physical changes to the brain from music study, particularly to the left side of the brain and areas devoted to language and reasoning.
- Performing music builds self-confidence and a sense of teamwork.
- Concepts learned through singing include self-discipline and the value of sustained effort leading to excellence.