New members are accepted into all of our choirs at several times during the season. The process differs for each group.
For schedule and fees click HERE
- ABC – students at least five years of age (and in kindergarten) may join in several times during the season. Use the form here to schedule a pre-entry meeting.
- Piccolini, Grazioso, Spirare – click here for placement interview request
- Le Donne – New members may join at the start of each trimester (September, January, late March). You may request to sit in on a rehearsal prior to joining.
- Singing is an art form that can be done anywhere, requires no expensive instruments and can be done by almost everyone.
- Studies have documented health benefits resulting from singing, including increased antibodies, lowered stress hormones, and improved lung function.
- Test scores indicate that music students perform better on math, science and language arts assessments.
- Research indicates physical changes to the brain from music study, particularly to the left side of the brain and areas devoted to language and reasoning.
- Performing music builds self-confidence and a sense of teamwork.
- Concepts learned through singing include self-discipline and the value of sustained effort leading to excellence.